Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My opion of sci-fi

For English 10 I read The Time Machine. This novel is a science-fiction book by H.G. Wells. I enjoyed The Time Machine and found this novel was a good way to get lost in another world. With all the science involved in the story, this genre is very complicated and I will probably stick to fantasy for my escapes to those worlds so different to ours. Even though I struggled to wrap my mind around the science part of The Time Machine ,or any other science-fiction book, the story line of the book was very interesting. With twists and turns, thoughts and theories, the reader is constinently on the edge of their seat.


I am new to this genre but have read a few novels. The spotlight, for my generation, seems to have shifted to a different genre than sci-fi. Reading the classics of sci-fi will ensure to keep this genre alive and expand our imaginations. This creative genre will help us think outside the box and possible lead to scientific discoveries.

No comments: