Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The End of a Chapter

As my sophomore year comes to a screeching halt, I feel like the world is spinning underneath my feet, and with it, everything and everyone around me is swirling past. Starting at a crawl then working up to a blurred streak of colors, this year is finally ending. Finally... all the homework, all the tests, all the early mornings, all the endless, dreary classes going on while the sun is shining through the windows, all of it's done!

But...

Even though the sand has drizzled out of the hour glass of '09, I am still just as far away from picking what I want to do as I was when I was five. With my junior year staring me in the face with choices of colleges, careers, and colleagues, I feel slightly overwhelmed by the enormity of my choices; my interests are as scattered as the stars in the sky, each option coming with it's own specific choice of where to go.

But...

I have a year, maybe two if I stretch it, to decide so... for now I'm not worrying myself about what awaits me because I know it will show it's face in time and in for now the sunshine and cool water is calling my name! For now, I'll forget colleges, careers, and colleagues and enjoy the few months of freedom I have before they drag me back to the jailhouse they call school.

1 comment:

Mason.C. said...

there are no windows at school....